A mail exchange record (MX record) is a record in the Domain Name System that specifies a mail server responsible for receiving email messages. You can add an MX Record using the Zone Editor option on cPanel.
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. In the Domains section, click Zone Editor.
3. Under Domains, you can see many options below Actions.
4. Click on +MX Record, and a pop-up window will open. Please enter the required data in it.
Priority: The MX record is used to route mail. It should have the lowest preference number, usually 0. You can use 0 for your mail routing record and 10 for the record verifying that you own your domain.
Destination: Enter the domain name of your Mail Exchange. If you are using an external mail server, enter the domain name of the external mail server. Alternatively, enter your local domain if you are using a local mail server.
5. Now click on Add an MX Record.
If the record was added successfully, you will see a success message.
Note: It may take 12 to 24 hours for changes to take effect worldwide.